Last Sunday after the worship service we started the conversation on how best to care for our young people. Thank you to those who joined the discussion, especially the youth, and for sharing your ideas as well as demonstrating your interest in our children.
Below are some of the suggestions and comments made during this meeting:
- Make our children’s programme more visible.
- Create a Youth Committee.
- Malia and Sarah cannot do this on their own — volunteers are needed — even if it is an hour once in a while.
- Have a sign up sheet for volunteers.
- Include our children in worship.
What are your thoughts on what you can do with/for our Youth? Can you be involved with the conversation? Can you commit to praying for them — maybe even approach a young person today and ask how you can pray for them this week?
Join us again on Sunday 8 September as we continue our conversation and figure out how we can implement relevant suggestions. Input is needed and would be most welcome from all of our community, especially parents/care-givers and our young people.
Peace, Malia & Sarah
Picture: Erica Marshall flickr creative commons ~ family